Thursday, March 31, 2005

Confession 25 Authors' Names Muck Up Design: Official

Response from non-f. editor: 1

Apparently, though the book is definitely credited to me but (as with most of their books) my name doesn’t appear on the cover. Editor spoke to the designer about this and she feels strongly that it will muck up the design to try to fit my name on. As I can see from Amazon, I was told, it is under my name, which will appear on the copyright page.

So, there you have it. Authors' names muck up cover designs.

Enough of that. Think the chapters are ready for the agent now, so will be working on synopsis for next few days. Read a synopsis article on Mslexia the other day and discovered have been doing it wrong all this time. Mine have been getting more like company proposals, full of bullet points and headings. I thought bullet points were the way everything was going, but apparently not. Have also only recently discovered that most agents and editors read the three chapters first, and only look at the synopsis if their interest has been whetted so there's not much point in spending too much time on the intro.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.


Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Domain Names For Sale

Anonymous said...

I am hoping you will share your story.
operation kindness

Anonymous said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my best home business proven tool
site. It pretty much covers best home business proven tool
related stuff.

harvey said...

Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here nationwide auction get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising nationwide auction

Anonymous said...

I love your new england patriot pic blog! Check out my new england patriot pic forum for lots of great new england patriot pic info.

Anonymous said...

Now this is funny ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free mp3vendor site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees

Credit Center said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about credit cards for bad credit, please feel free to visit.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for blogs referring to Dallas and found yours. Great blog! I'm in Dallas and here's some info about me

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Friend for your excellent blog on credit center!Keep up the good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
credit center
I send you my warm regards and wish you continued success.
Have a nice day! :-)

Paul Adams said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a domain names
site. It pretty much covers domain names related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

James Baker said...

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about domain names.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
domain names
I wish you all the best!

sdRay said...

My name is Ray and I just started a new blog about usher confession. Its a place where you can chat about usher confession confidentially. I hope you will come and check out Thanks for letting me post on your site.