Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Confession 26 A Mini-Break and A New Commission

No. of cheques in post: 1
No. of new commissions: 1



Have been away, staying with friends in Shropshire. Lots of walking, talking, drinking and fresh air made me feel quite giddy after my quiet daily existence here. Had to spend most of the last day being very anti-social, lying down in darkened room recovering from all the excitement.

Though I took the synopsis and intended getting on with the rewrite, didn't do a scrap of work. Instead, after a good old rummage in hostess's bookshelves, happily surfed between sofa and garden with Alan Bennett's Writing Home, http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0571196675/qid=1112724417/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/202-1458262-9907820, and spectacular views across The Mynd.

Good news on the am-guru front: prompt payment for first lot of work, along with news that client requests insights on 75 more quotations. I will be an insane quoting person by the end of it , but this hopefully will stop me fretting about lack of work for another few weeks and will push me into getting synopsis rewritten, which I intend to do right now, and get the whole novel intro back to agent fast.

Bye bye for now, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: