Friday, April 08, 2005

Confession 28 1,000 Words A Day on the Cote D'Azur

1,000 words a day on the Cote D'Azur



Final day of the school holidays, late start, dentist's, picking at the synopsis. Changed the ending this morning, printed it out about five times today as I kept changing it, now think it's finally there. The story is much more circular and defined. It will change as it's written but it's the best crack I've had at an up-front plot plan.

Apart from the web work, which is more like work-work, this will leave me FREE TO DO OTHER THINGS! This is a strange sensation. I will sort out my clothes, clean the house properly, buy a few plants, even, go to the hairdressers and spend the beauty salon voucher I got for Valentine's (massage or pedicure? Have never had a pedicure, am scared of putting my feet in someone's face). Hairdressers are normally out of the question (£45 basic are they kidding?), but girlfriend has given me a voucher for a trial cut in Chiswick. Apart from my truant days out a few times a year, the writing has completely taken over. Maily due to sheer fear. I still haven't a clue if I will be able to crack it or not. It's every writer's dream to write a '1,000 words a day on the Cote D'Azur', as Noel Coward described it, or was it Philip Larkin on Noel Coward? Finish by 11 or 12, have a nice long lunch, potter in the afternoon thinking about the next day's work, do a bit of shopping, see friends etc. but the reality is it takes over and when you've finished the first book the second is a big worry, and when you've finished the second there's the third.

Bye bye for now, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

5 comments:

Brother Roy said...

site/blog. It pretty much covers

Brother Roy said...

site/blog. It pretty much covers

Jack Naka said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for barber beauty schools and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty salon newark. You should check it out sometime.

dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty fitness product. You should check it out sometime.