Thursday, April 14, 2005

Confession 31 Writers' Pub Night

No. of things happening: 0
No. of old computer games rediscovered: 1

"Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone."

Tommy Cooper

Have had my head down the past couple of days, trying to get the website work completed. Going quite quote insane here.

"Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one."

Martha Beckman.

I have to find 75 of these, SEVENTY-FIVE, am up to 55, it's a bit like picking mushrooms, you find one quote then you suddenly find loads, then you find none again.

That sounds like a quote.

"I'll stick with gin. Champagne is just ginger ale that knows somebody."


It so got to me that at one stage I stopped completely and played Nev it Up I've never done before in the middle of the day.

What else?

Went to WC Writers on Tuesday. A quarterly booze session in riverside pub for anyone who writes professionally or is trying to write professionally. I enjoyed it, esp as L gave me a lift there and back so didn't have to think about not drinking or hang around at bus stops. Lovely to see C and D back after C's success. C won the Richard and Judy novel writing comp, beating 46,000 other entrants! Last time she came she was unpublished, now she has a nice advance, and, more importantly, her own priceless patch of R&J's sofa when it's published (we were all much more totally impressed with that than the advance) - and a deadline. Also nice chat with J who's on her THIRTEENTH published novel which she's calling 12A. The other J reminded me about the BBC comedy scriptwriting comp, I might have a go when quotes is out of the way and the house is clean and my hair is cut.

Received invitation to another book launch, at West End champagne bar this time. This is for K from my writing group. I haven't read it yet but it's getting some fantastically positive vibes already.

"The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost."

George Shultz

So, no more bus driving thoughts allowed.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

sdRay said...

My name is Ray and I just started a new blog about good confession. Its a place where you can chat about good confession confidentially. I hope you will come and check out Thanks for letting me post on your site.