Thursday, May 12, 2005

Conf 42 Character & Litblog News

So, finally got to grips with the 2 new main characters.

Resorted to this very comprehensive character chart: http://www.eclectics.com/articles/character.html. I don't usually bother with these too much, but this one did help in some areas. Once they'd got birthdates, I also used an astrology book, The Secret Language of Birthdays by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers, which I was given to use for one of my non-fiction jobs. It has a very handy 3 character strengths and 3 character weaknesses for every day of the year. When I began the new chapter, one of the weaknesses led to a whole new thread, which links in with the future story. I also use daily astrology charts sometimes when I'm stuck with a character or want a bit of random life coming in.

THINK I'm on the final run with the chapters. I'm putting in the speech patterns now. They must have each gone through about 20 drafts at least. I'll put it to one side for a few days before sending it off and must concentrate on doing something about fat butt which is what comes from doing nothing but writing and chauffering all day.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: