Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Conf 62 Re-editing

No. of words: 0

So, it's been all hands on deck, chunky re-edit, C4 disappered completely, and back to chapter 1 for fine edit, followed by fine edit followed by followed by. Some big culls, and good additions. Name/looks/attitude changes all round, no sex changes as yet but might get round it.

Just had this from my friend S, editor of my non-f books before she moved to the countryside:

'Bummer on the agent front. I've decided writing, publishing and editing are all vastly over-rated activities, with major stress and no financial return, and I promise here and now not to allow myself to go back doing any of the above. I think I'll paint and reupholster furniture and flog it on e-bay. Or become a hooker. Whatever. Anything not involving words.'

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: