Friday, November 18, 2005

Conf 117: Cockatoo Cocktail

No. of words: 38,989

Having enjoyed time without novel noose hanging round neck, but now the routines return. One day on it this week. A slow, painful why don't I give this up kind of a day. Have mostly had excuse of more Guardian stuff then more post prod transcriptions. Opened parcel of tapes hoping for more giggling behind the scenes of Morecombe and Wise and Two Ronnies but instead got documentary about infectious diseases. After I got over the shock I found it interesting and informative to say the least. Immediately started storing raw meat in separate fridge (rather spoils the champagne and chocolate effect but there you go).

It was raining leaves today. Even though have only moved less than half a mile from last house have been taking advantage of bright autumn days to explore area. Highlight today was stopping to admire shocking pink rose peering over a back garden fence. Then seeing behind it a tree of orange crab apple-type fruits being devoured by flock of lime-green parrots. I'd take the camera tomorrow but the fruit will all be gone. When I got back a man over the road boomed 'heLOOOOOOO there!' and I turned round and said called hello and his wife nudged him along.

Fascinating Christina Lamb report on Afghanistan last night on late TV. Definitely on my Christmas list.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here. I know this has nothing to do with your site but I have a new blog that I've just started, its been up for a couple of days. I gave my blog a cool title which seems to attract visitors:

Have you got any suggestions about stuff you would like to read about??? Take a look if you get the chance. I want my blog to be cutting edge...a good read. lol...your'll understand when you see it!

The other site I have is a work from home moms site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway take a look see what you think.

Keep up the good work, I'll be back to visit + I'll be at any suggestions you have about my blog.