Monday, January 16, 2006

Conf 132: New interest

No. of words: 54,549


The two agents I contacted both e-mailed today wanting to see more. 'This sounds like very good fun,' said one. This means have now got to make sure it is very good fun on every page, so all day have been back on chapter 1. C2 tomorrow. Also means some facings up to some horrible wordcount truths. Have already identified how I can cull 2 or 3 chapters out of the early scenes. Like WHY do I have protagonist travelling all the way to Scotland for conversation with children, when it's nothing to do with the plot & main pointy bits can easily be inserted into a different meeting? All the prelims I wrote as I was getting into the story myself, in other words, now have to be culled, leaving only what's necessary.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: