Thursday, January 19, 2006

Conf 133: Edit, print, edit, print

No. of words: 49,329

Ugh... and rewriting's supposed to be the fun bit. The words are down, the characters are there, the scenes are set etc etc. Had to get the multi-generational bits in early, so that means am sending 6 chapters instead of 3, plus maybe one from later which shows how story is developing.

Some people are rewriters, others travel more slowly from the start, leaving themselves with less dush to deal with at the end. At this stage I wish I was one of those kinds of writers. 500 beautiful words a day, except I don't know how they get their characters so dealt with. Mine have to grow in the dialogue, it doesn't work any other way, forget all those charts and things.

All week I've been getting to the point where I think I can print, then I look at it and find something else to change. This happens over and over and OVER again.

Lots of breaks needed. I shall go off now for a nice cup of tea and a sit down http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/ and a drift through Jacqui Lofthouse's new writing coach page: http://stubbornworld.typepad.com/the_writing_coach/.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: