Friday, February 03, 2006

Conf 141: FEAR

No. of words: 55, 395

Am still procrastinating, but not so desperately, and far more productively I feel.

My friend J from my writing group bought me this great birthday gift

and this morning, when I'd completed the chapter by chapter breakdown of the central section of the book, I had a little play with it before getting on the computer. I ended up on 'Fear' and spent some time doing some character building which each of my main peoples' fears. They are becoming clearer, my characters, clear enough now for me to want to hear their distinct voices as they talk, so I did a bit of speech pattern as well.

From Observation Deck I like this, from one of my all time favourite writers, John Steinbeck: 'Say it aloud as you write it - only then will you have the sound of speech.'

Talking of fear, a bank statement arrived today. Always good for concentration of the mind. Thanks to PLR the scene isn't too bleak. I aim now for the final run at it, and will finish this novel before taking in any more work.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: