Monday, February 13, 2006

Conf 144: Valentines Treats

No of words: 56,943


Apologies for absence. Worst flu ever and the need to work for living has kept me from all writing activity. Then this week it's half term. Today, daughter and I took partner on ride on The London Eye http://www.londoneye.com/ as his Valentines treat. It was going to be a surprise, then I thought I'd better tell him way in advance so he could get his cameras ready. Taking a photographer on the London Eye when he hasn't got his cameras with him would be long, slow, lethal torture. As it was he took 3 cameras, & was eyeing up my bag for a possible 4th... I got quite wobbly knee'd about my life long association with London as it spread itself below us.

Am still not back to 100%, most people I know are suffering from the gloom and glum of an endless run of grey winter days. For me, topped by non response from agent, still, and the whole miserable lot of a wannabe writer. In the depths of all that flu-dom misery, partner turned up with MY Valentines present, a guitar! Real unexpected out of the blue biggie pressie stuff & restored faith that good stuff still does happen.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: