Monday, May 08, 2006

Conf 186: Having What It Takes

No. of words: 6,052
No. of new rejections: 1

E-mail in late last week:

Dear Amanda,

I did enjoy these pages very much. But I didn't love the concept and think it's not quite distinctive enough to compete when so little is being commissioned in this area at present. Do let me know if you come up with any other ideas; feel free to float them by me before you get too far into the writing. You have what it takes I am sure. It's just a case of coming up with the perfect idea.

All my best

Well, that's good then. This was in response to my abandoned Novel 3. She'd already rejected Novel 4. Wasn't too thrilled with the idea of going back to the old one right now anyway. Must get novel 4 finished above all else. Better progress today. Had made decision that if the bit I was worrying at still wasn't working out I'd move on anyway. But it did. I think. So steaming on with chapter 3. It's a good feeling to know the plot points are worked out and ahead of me, and being able to put in little foreshadows here and there, some of which are cropping up all by themselves.

Have to confess I'm feeling a bit self-conscious here because, in my reply , I told her about this blog. Can't help wondering if she will be taking a look at this and deciding whether I'm an OK person or a nutter on the bus type.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: