Thursday, July 20, 2006

Conf 219: Winding Down Manic Style

No. of words: Same

End of term week. The time of year when everything seems to speed up and slow down at the same time. The heatwave is relentless. Yesterday was apparently the hottest day England has ever had, since records began.

I am grateful I can work from home, this room is cool and breezy and I sit between the gentle hum of 2 fridges full of ice, melon and strawberries. The pool outside is out of bounds until daughter gets home then it's jumping in time and we float and splash and chat about her day. Then I go back to work for the rest of the afternoon and evening. We fight over the computer, so I get some rest when she does her MSNing and homework.

More came in yesterday, and more is coming in today for the weekend. It's comedy characters still so at least I am getting something out of it & have pinched some of Roseanne's characteristics for my girl's losing-it period. My fingers are bearing up well. At least they're going to have a holiday soon as well.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: