Monday, December 04, 2006

Conf 282: The Watching In Box....

Week 4 of waiting for agent. This morning I resubmit synopsis to those who have contacted me via e-mail re earlier drafts over the past year. This amounts to 4 agents. I therefore go into nervous tick mode for rest of day, unable to wait the 5 minutes e-mail download time. Trying to work is hopeless. Nothing comes in.

I go off to prim and preen ready for tonight's Richmond writers Christmas meal. On my return to screen, two replies in.

Agent 1 tells me she's sorry but not for her, she's been trying to sell a novel in similar vein for 2 years and the 30something editors aren't buying. She wishes me the best of luck and suggests another agent for me to try.

Agent 2 is Superagent who rejected it only months ago, but lots has changed. I say I've acted on his advice, new chapter one, new title, tightened dialogue and he wants to see it again. Hooray.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: