Wednesday, January 02, 2008

511 POSTS AND STILL WITHOUT A PUBLISHER

.

Hey ho and Happy New Year to all fellow struggling writers everywhere.

Didn't make the rewrite completion deadline, needless to say. Should have saved text on memory stick. Should have downloaded to an online savings bank. It's there, the Final Version so far. I haven't lost it, but it's as an e-mail attachment and on a CD, neither of which I can see, textwise, or hold in my hand, paperwise. Am scared of opening the email attachment until I'm ready to save it somewhere in case I blow it.

My broadband connection finally goes on at midnight tonight. Tomorrow evening will be spent in a frazzle trying to get wireless to work. My last attempt (with partner's BT) was briefly distracted by neighbouring (seeringly successful) author's name next to mine in my Apple Airport settings. 'Look,' I squealed to family, 'She's here in my computer, Her name next to mine!' And they rushed over and we all stared at it in awe for a few seconds.

I'd still like to completely finish my own little book before sending the opening chapters again, even though they're now rewritten, but I'll see how I go. I need to go back to work work properly very soon as the coffers are low. Am still driving to school & roving the streets & my friends' toast and marmite supplies till it's time to come home again. Which means I can't. But soon will have to put daughter on the bus/train/bus regime in the mornings and it'll be Back to Work for real. Unless I get a deal. It seems so unlikely, even though I've now got a brilliant agent showing interest... Too much time from then has passed & for all I know... no NO negatives. It's just you get so used to expecting the worst.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Happy New Year to you too Amanda. May this be your year.

Anne Brooke said...

Good luck, Amanda! And don't forget: never give up. Heck, you don't need either an agent or a major publisher to get published. Small publishers and the honourable profession of self-publishing are both valid ways forward these days - thank goodness!

Hugs

A
xxx

genevieve said...

BITING MY NAILS for you. May 2008 be the year, and a happy one whatever it brings.