Wednesday, January 09, 2008

CONF 513: THAT'S ENOUGH TUNING, ED

.

Final bits of fine-tuning now complete and the early chapters are ready to send again. I think I'll print and post rather than e-mail, with an e-mail note to say they're on their way.

One thing that bothered me. Do I have too many sentences starting with she? When I get to this final draft stage I sometimes find myself picking up books at home and opening them at a random page just to look at the 'he said,' 'she said' options. Last night I went for Anne Tyler's The Amateur Marriage (I love her style) and opened randomly at p187/8: She rose early... She changed into... She combed her hair... She headed down the hall... She went through the dining room foyer... She picked it up.... Another I've been looking at is Graham Greene short stories, he does it too. So it doesn't matter, hn. Time to Send.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

L-Plate Author said...

Hi 'Amanda'. I've been reading your blog now for ages, (way before your chocolate fountain blew up last christmas. Honestly, every time I see someone buying one in a shop, I want to cry don't do it and tell them your tale of woe...or should I say goo!)Perhaps you'd like to check out mine that I've just set up? Oh and yes, I do the picking up books thing, it made me smile.