Monday, June 23, 2008

NEARLY

.

nearly nearly nearly nearly.......

Sorry, I have just had an intensive 2 days of rewriting synops and working up the new pitches which are now just about ready to go.

The meeting was good. The publisher's offices are about a 20 minute walk from the flat here. I was going to walk, that way the timing couldn't go wrong. But then a bus came along just as I passed the stop, so I got on it to read through my new ideas notes. Then, after nearly driving into a wall, the bus did lots of reversing, three point turning - a huge great BUS this is, it took about 10 minutes - before swinging left and careening off in the wrong direction. Wrong bus. I leapt off & made it to the offices with one minute to go.

Felt like the church mouse peeking through the high railings at the massive modern building, publisher's name in 10ft high letters blazened across the front. The reception area was like a hotel, balconies running round the inside all the way up to the skylights, a multi-display of their books and a proper caff, which is where we went to chat. She's lovely, very friendly and warm and I think it went well.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon

5 comments:

liz fenwick said...

i can't bear it .........how did it go?

Anne Brooke said...

Glad to hear it, Amanda!

A
xxx

Mya said...

The suspense is killing me. Everything crossed here. What did you wear to meet the publisher? Just curious.

Mya x

Lucy Diamond said...

Ooooh.....sounds very promising! Can't bear the suspense though, you must be pouncing on the phone whenever it rings!
Still crossing everything for you xx

Amanda Mann said...

Yes! The idea that all this might have come to something is still sinking in. But, credit crunch and all that, am trying not to let it go too deep until it happens. Mya, I had been paying visits to The Dress for about a week, took daughter to see it, tried it on, went back and asked when the sales were due to start (end of July), hmmed and aah'd, not because of it but because it was in Jigsaw and not in the sale and I've never paid so much for a piece of clothing in my life. Then partner kindly bought it for me, aah. I did bang on about it a bit, have never hinted so much in my life actually, well, ever, I'm not a pressie-seeker, something to do with the therapy maybe (I AM worth it etc etc). Anyway, it looks a bit like a sack, baggy and hangy and brown, but it's the way it hangs, all lineny and cool and casual....