Saturday, August 22, 2009



Walking back from the park just now, I realised I'm ready to chuck it all in.

There's a book there ready now and, really, what more can you do?

You can't say I haven't given it my best, best shot.

Bye & thanks.

That was yesterday. Gloomy day. There has been much progress in health of sick partner but also disappointing regressions, as happened yesterday. Waiting for the response from agent to next book idea also ups the tension.

This next week was to be our holiday week but we aren't able to go. Thankfully daughter made it away to a friend's for a week & she's off again at the moment. For me, I'm going to take a complete break from writing and thinking about writing, and also (I'm going to TRY) all things computers. Will pretend writing never happened and see how life is without it. D and I have a couple of days out planned, there will be take-aways, swimming in the Serpentine if it's sunny, movies if it's raining, stuff like that.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.


Anne Brooke said...

Hugs and stuff. You'll be back, I know it. It's just a matter of time for that big break.

Loads of love


liz fenwick said...

Have a good break and come back refreshed.

L-Plate Author said...

Glad to hear it's temporary. Take care of youself x

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I was feeling the other day. It's so hard to keep going sometimes as it seems so utterly pointless. Book writing is a tortuous, backbreaking, heartbreaking and thankless task. But you probably just need a holiday and time away from it all. Don't give up! Read this - print it out and keep reading it every time you feel like throwing your laptop out the window and declaring war on the rotten publishing world.

Pimlicokid said...

You're a writer; that's how it is sometimes (even lots of times!). Rest and return.

Amanda Mann said...

Thank you all!