Wednesday, February 03, 2010



Well, it's all happening. Have had head down with my lovely publicist for the past week, writing and rewriting, editing the book and fine-tuning the website. Mailing lists are really important, so managed to get that up today, AND worked out how to get thumbnails up. Like many computer things it's easy once you know how. On a Mac you press command, shift and 4 and then you can size your image how you like, let go of the keys and it does camera shutter click. Then you put a dot and a jpg sign at the end and it's ready to export.

We have a launch date - 24 Feb - and tomorrow, Thursday 4 Feb, I go on the radio, national, BBC.

I know! ME. Bit of a shock.

It's because of my newspaper column rather than the book, but they are going to mention it. I'm scared they're going to find out I'm a fraud, it's not a book book but an ebook, and ring up and say sorry, big mistake, so I'm not going to say too much yet. If I don't make a total prat of myself will post the link here when it's over.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.


Pimlicokid said...

Congratulations and good luck with the broadcast

liz fenwick said...

How exciting! Good luck.


Amanda Mann said...

Thank you! Now know the other guests are Alan Carr,Terminator actress Linda Hamilton, chef Phil Avery and 60' makeover person Jason Godwin - and me? Bit nervous now.

Anne Brooke said...

Such fabulous news - go for it!!! :)) Axxx

Amanda Mann said...

Thanks, Anne. I went, and it went fine, mainly because everybody was so amazingly NICE. Not sure if they're asking me back or not and not sure how I feel about putting myself through live radio on regular basis, but progress for sure. Result really, because whichever happens will be OK.

Anne Brooke said...

Hurrah! Good to hear, Amanda. Ah, you have a taste for it now, you know ... :)) Axxx