Tuesday, February 16, 2010


And so, farewell Amanda and, er, hi. This is me.

Why did Amanda have to exist at all? Well, though I made no huge efforts to be totally anonymous, at the same time I didn't want to become known around the outer fringes of the business as that author who writes about being a failure. Not as cringe-making as writing a sex blog or anything but not a great image. On the other hand, what with Michael Landy's new art bin celebrating failure and all who sail in her, maybe in true Amanda style I've just got my timing spectacularly wrong again.

Nearly there now. All edits done, pictures inserted, links checked, and the book is out now for its final proof read. Your preview copies will be available by the end of the week.

My next job is to check Amazon Kindle for style & content tips. It's a free App on iPhone/iPodtouch, Kindle is now. And there's a free PC version as well. It's brilliant, you can download the first 3 chapters of any book out there & have a read. I got totally wrapped up in Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma last night & just might have to make my first purchase.

Meantime, this is my ebook site: www.blackbirdebooks.com. What do you think? Any comments, criticisms, suggestions? Recognise anybody?

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.


Anne Brooke said...

Many congrats on the new venture - and of course your name coming out ceremony! :)) Axxx

Amanda Mann said...

Thanks, Anne! x Stephanie

Now We Are Seven said...

Hoorah Hoorah Hoorah. Stephanie, we love it! x

Amanda Mann said...

THANK you!! Your comment came just at the right time x

JacquiL said...

Oooh, just catching up on your blog and you are OUT! Amanda is Stephanie officially. Much love and congratulations on your new success! xx