Friday, April 02, 2010



V much enjoyed David Sexton's Evening Standard interview with Lee Child.

I've never heard of him. Not that he'd be remotely bothered about that with sales figures of 36 million and growing.  I'd noticed the thriller element replacing the commercial women's fiction on the Tesco shelves. Was a time not long ago when I could look at the chosen Tesco ones and go 'know her, know her, know him', and saunter off to fresh veg thinking that's quite amazing really. Jealous? Beyond that now, being published (in print) feels like another life away.

I've heard from my agent, though. The novel has been with the publisher for 2 months now so she's going to give her a nudge. So hope still flies. On the epublishing front I've seen the proof page for our first glossy magazine article and am very pleased. We've had more press interest and Smashwords have confirmed that Done & Dusted has made it into the Apple iPad iBookstore for its US launch today. Plus we've had our first UK customer downloading from the website. Thank you Hattie, a lovely lady I met at our Richmond writer's pub night last Monday. It was a good night with lots of talk about books and more writers I'd never heard of, The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard anyone? The short stories of Lorrie Moore? And there were fliers:

Susan, my old creative writing teacher from Richmond Adult Community College is running a Hero's Journey/Writer's Journey 5-week course starting Thurs 22 April at Parkshot, Richmond, Surrey for a very reasonable £56 (for EU students, £90 non EU). And Richmond author John Harding will be reading from and talking about his new novel Florence and Giles on Wed April 14th at Waterstones, Richmond, 7.30pm. His book is extraordinary, I've read the first 3 chapters on Kindle, & will definitely be getting down there for my signed copy.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: