Monday, October 11, 2010

Conf 649: Bikes & Interviews

.

Daughter started 6th Form at the local school in September. This means I no longer have the school run drive to get me out of a morning. I've been happily doing the Joanna Hall walking method - pacing around the park most days first thing. But have increasingly been casting wistful sidelong glaces at the racks of Boris Bikes. Spurred on, I finally got my own bike out of storage from the depths of the car park cupboard at the weekend. 2 flat tyres, back brake not working, covered in spiders' webs and  caked-on mud (from its last run along Kew riverside several years ago). After a few false starts (tyres not pumping up was fault of pump not bike) (have you BEEN to a bike pump shop lately? I naively was looking for a long tube-like thing with a little screwy fabricy thing you take out of the end) got myself up and cycling and am loving it. There's only a tiny bit of road before the parks begin so  I'm keeping it strictly as off-road exercise rather than transport.

I was going to put some pictures in of the park passing by but blogger image downloader thing is down again.

MIND THE GAP

There was a bit of news on the ebook front at the weekend. On Saturday morning I kept getting PayPal notifications that we'd sold another copy of Done & Dusted (one of the joys of ebooks instant delivery & no p&p). Turns out the interview I did with BBC Radio Ulster was broadcast on the lovely John Toal magazine show. Here's the link, there until next Saturday 16 Oct.  I'm 0.27.32 in:


http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00v2zq2#synopsis



That then took D&D to No 1 on the UK Amazon Kindle Bestsellers in Consumer Guides. ROLL THOSE WHEELS! I've got a screenshot of that, too, before it started whizzing its way down again - shamelessly showed off on Facebook and Twitter which Blogger is denying me at the moment. Will cut and paste another time.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

3 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Great news on the Kindle sales! And get on a Boris Bike, if you can. I love them!

Anne Brooke said...

Huge well done - that's great news!!

shailena said...

This is a wonderful article. The things given are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
--------
johndouglas

Caravan Guard Insurance