Saturday, March 26, 2011

Conf 664: From Ebook to Print

Well, quite a few of my friends aren't too keen about reading online.

Plus there's an article coming out next week in Irish mag Woman's Way so I thought I'd better make it available via tree pretty quickly.



An interesting exercise that took me all day to work out how to go about it.  Smashwords (who I totally trust) works in tandem with Wordclay. Like  CreateSpace, they offer free POD (print on demand) to authors but the cost of the book and the postage from the USA on top just makes it all too much.

Lulu's basic free POD system gets you a bound paperback and a retail price in the realms of normal book prices. I've priced mine at £6.99 out of which I get to keep £1.86 per sale. It all goes up on site instantly and you as the author don't have to get involved in the distribution side. The buyer orders from Lulu, they print and post it and pay you via PayPal. All you have to do is provide a buy here button, um, like this one on your site:

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon

No comments: