Thursday, June 06, 2013

New Agent & Back To 1000 Words A Day

When going through adversity I am not thinking Material unless it's wholly internal and personal (emotional) which is completely Fair Use. Everyone goes through difficult times and over the past few weeks I've been having my share. The support of friends and my daughter has been stupendous and now, suddenly, it's all turning around. The weight of worry is lightening by the day. Topped yesterday by a meeting with the agent I pitched to at the London Book Fair Litfactor.
It was one of those dream discussions. They're a medium-sized independent agency with a stellar list and she sees me as becoming part of all of that. Incredible. And Yet To Happen. But what a boost. I haven't signed with them, we could do it, she said, but there's not much point really without a deal actually on the table. If anyone else approaches me I'm to let them know and they'll start sending me flowers and stuff.
I have been around long enough to know it might not come to anything in the end but her ideas and thoughts on my writing and on my future career as an author, and for one book in particular, are amazing. Meantime a new press and publicity person is starting soon at my publishing company who isn't only going to bring fresh enthusiasm and ideas but all of her corporate marketing skills. The time I have been spending on that will be turned to writing. Hurrah & result all round. So it's back to a 1,000 words a day for me. Preferably before noon.

5 comments:

Barry Walsh said...

Great news Stephanie; lucky agent. Glad things are brighter.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news Stephanie! Wishinhg you every success!

Stephanie Zia said...

Thanks Barry & anon. So looking forward to a summer of getting back to writing...

Jacqui Lofthouse said...

Congratulations Stephanie! That's wonderful news xx

Stephanie Zia said...

Thanks, Jacqui. A way to go yet but encouragement is all...