Saturday, October 12, 2013

Boomerlit - Romance Novels for The Over 50s

 I'm guesting this week over on the Goodreads Boomerl Lit Friday blog.


Stopping Old In Its Tracks: Where Does This Boomer Attitude Come From?

It’s all about the widespread availability of hair dye. Hair dye stopped Old in its tracks, said a famous iconic author who died recently. So that’s looks taken care of, what about attitude? For me it’s music and independence. A fierce independence that grew out of the incomprehension that became known at the generation gap. I don’t think there’s ever been anything like it, generally, at any other time and mine was particularly extreme. My father was born two centuries ago, in 1899. He came late to parenting obviously - I’m not that old. In 1955, up I popped into my father’s life in the company of rock & roll and all things utterly incomprehensible to him..... continued here

No comments: